Friday, September 19, 2014

Change....it is an adventure!

Thank you to all who have followed this blog over the years! A lot has happened in my life since April.  I started a new position August 1st as director of clinical experiences with our local university.  This position will allows me to be closer to home and not traveling as often. My daughter started kindergarten and I am glad to be able to attend all her events.  This position has taken some time to adjust to but I sure do love it! I am charged with placing interns, providing guidance, hosting professional development, and making sure they meet all requirements for certification.

I was a little worried in the beginning about this position because I have been working with k kids for the last four years and now college interns??  Wow, I found out real quick that the interns are so much like kindergartens.  They are excited about life, love what they are doing, are ready to learn, and can be influenced very easily. I have really enjoyed being around the interns and supporting them in this final journal of becoming a teacher.  It's funny how they worry about all those same little things I did as a new teacher. 

My goal is to nurture, support, model, and push the interns to be better than I ever thought about being!  God has been so good to me and I hope to show the interns the same compassion I have experienced over the years from great educators.  Speaking of great educators, my child has a fabulous teacher and intern this year.  You can see EB's teacher below and her first day of school.  Of course, I should have said "an" actor but oh well...that's called in a hurry on the first day of school! Lol!

In the meantime, I am unsure what to do with this blog.  It has been a work of love over the years and I am searching for what to turn it in to.  I am listening so comment away if you have a great idea. 



 
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10