Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sums! Sums! Sums!

Whew...we are almost done with this school year and I'm sure your K kids are struggle with the same issues as the ones I see! Boy...does it take forever to get them solving number sentences (equations) accurately and efficiently!!!  I developed a quick little activity I think might get in some extra practice. 

How to use these:  I'm thinking about making it into a booklet, using it as a quick formative assessment, using in small groups, homework, the uses are endless! Most of you have better ideas than me anyways!

So how does it work? The kid solves all the number sentences on the page by writing the answer right under the equation.  Then, they color/circle/whatever you decide each one that has a sum equal to the target number listed in the magnifying glass.  Easy!  Good news is...these are print and go....no prep!!

So...here's the good part....because you took the time to read this post....you can have it for FREE....just follow my blog (you can also follow me on FaceBook) and tell me your favorite thing about getting out of school for the summer in the comment box below this post then (don't forget to leave me your email address) Yipppeee FREE is always good this time of year!!!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Lets-Find-It-Addition1-10-1217231


Check my TPT store soon for the subtraction version.  Take care and God bless!

21 comments:

  1. I Love your blog!! My kinders are struggling with addition.
    I love summer because I get to sleep later than normal (7ish). With a five year old, she is up with the chickens. Ha! Would love to have this free.
    Tara.vincent@rcs.k12.al.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite things about summer is that the pressure is off! Of course that sleeping late thing is pretty great, too! ( I would love to have your freebie! Kindercat@aol.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog! My favorite thing about summer is a more relaxed schedule with plenty of time to cook for my family, garden, ride my bike, etc. Thanks for the freebie...this will be great practice for my kiddos!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops...I follow you on feedly!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found you! I love your ideas. My favorite thing about summer is that I get to travel and see my grandchildren. (emandgid@wi.rr.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love summer because I get to spend much more time with my children and husband. I also LOVE the fresh veggies and fruit!! This freebie looks great! You are always so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing about summer is being home with my baby! I also love vacations at the beach and summer tomatoes! Thanks girl! hayleygray2@gmail.com or hayley.gray@lcschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love almost everything about summer, but the humidity! My favorite would have to be spending time with my kids and husband. browncan@wcslive.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite thing about this summer will be training AMSTI for other K teachers AND my beach trip!! SO EXCITED!!!!! Thanks for all the great ideas Christy. Can't wait to try them with my K-kids!
    krutherford@colbert.k12.al.us

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer...time to kick back and relax. But it also gives me time to look for new ideas to use in the classroom! Have a great summer and thank you for all of your ideas. ahhamilton@tuscumbia.k12.al.us

    ReplyDelete
  12. The things that I love the most about summer is sleeping late, going to the beach, lazy days, no makeup, and getting to go on vacation with my family.
    I love your blog and have enjoyed using some of the things that are on here with my kids this year.
    wheelerb@wcslive.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite thing about summer is staying in my pajamas all day if I want to! Thanks for all you do Christy!
    Sara.Miles@lcschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite thing about summer is sleeping late and being outside!!! Thank you for all you do for our K babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of your ideas and the help you provide! I am counting the days down till summer vacation because I enjoy having a break from the rush, rush, rush of everyday... I am ready for a little time to slow down. Thanks Christy for the math activity free activity!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love going on trips with my family and spending time with them, also sleeping later than 6:00 is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous...can you give me your email? I want to send you the freebie!

      Delete
    2. My favorite thing about being out for the summer is going to the beach with my family! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations(:
      egarnett@blountboe.net

      Delete
  17. My favorite thing about being out for summer is going to the movie theater at 10:00. Not many people and I have a weird love of popcorn early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This thread is now closed. Thanks to all who commented!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10