Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day and Updates


I hope all of you had a great Valentine's Day.  We sure did!  Here is picture of my sweetie and my daughter with flowers from daddy.




Lana from Brilliant Elementary shared these neat pictures with me of her class making arrangements of 9 or better know as The Six Tiles Lessons in the Investigations math units.  Sorry I had to cut the kids faces off but I wanted you to see their great work.  This could be done with any number and holiday.  It is great practice for understanding number combinations or number sentences!  Don't you love how the kids circled the amounts and then created a number sentence to match?  Thanks Lana...great job kids!




Dr. Seuss week is coming up fast!  I put several great activities and links up last year for this holiday so be sure to check it out on the right side of my blog under Dr. Seuss.  Here is one of my favorite sayings....I think we often forget this about the kids and ourselves!


  I am finally through with the CORE workshops and now working through understanding the OGAP framework.  This is based around giving the students exit questions and then basing the next lessons off those results.  My eyes have really been opened with what I have seen so far!  If you would like to read more about this framework, please visit.  http://www.mathedleadership.org/docs/events/IN/NCSM11-119_Petit.pdf 
 
To all my teachers...I hope to be in all your rooms soon!  To my followers...thank you and please email if you have any questions! God bless!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10