Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome Back!

It's that time again!! The start of a new school year!  I prayed for all of you this morning and I hope this year brings great learning for all!  The new CORE math seems to be on everyone mind.  I found a great new blog which I have linked under the math pictures on the right side.  It is called Common Core Math Lessons.  Be sure to check it out when you have time.  I have a really neat foldable that you can also make to help you with CORE.  It includes the critical areas, all 22 content standards, and the 8 practice standards.  The foldable is made from a single file folder. Click the first picture to get it!  The practice standards are glued in the middle and on the back.  Please let me know if you need any help with understanding these new standards!
 Many of you are asking about starting up math journals again this year.  I have a page at the top of this blog you can get information from and links to handouts.  I also have pictures and pictures and more pictures...they are located on the right side of this blog in the slide show. 
Here are some other things that can help too...
Check out Mrs. Wills'  blog and freebies by clicking on the picture below:

 This is another site that shares wonderful ideas about math problem solving notebooks. Please check it out!


 I also love the idea of having a BIG Math Journal for your class.  I have some information in my start-up document so be sure to check it out!  You can also click on the picture for directions:


I posted the new CORE math assessment before school was out last year.  You can find it on this blog in my TPT store.  The test only has to be run one time for the whole year!  Yea!  Now saying that, it is a long test.  During my workshops this past week, we talked about giving it a domain at a time.  That would mean giving eight questions or less to a student each week.  Click on the picture to see the test.





Most of you will be receiving science kits this week. These are so important and have valuable tools...so be sure to use them! I would love to come and do a little science in your rooms!!  Don't forget the "journals" tab at the top of this page has all the science journals I have made too.  Click that tab or the picture below to get your copy! 


I hope your first week goes well.  I have several new things I will be adding as you start book one in Investigations.  Take care and check back soon!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10