Monday, October 17, 2011

Wow...some great things are going on!

I have really been seeing some great things going on in classrooms! If you have a chance, check out the pictures to the right. This week you should be starting Book 3-- all about patterns. It is a fun book that gives you a break from so much number work. Some of you have expressed concerns about the lack of "writing numbers" within the math. Several of our games do work on number writing but I have also included an "All About Numbers" tab that has several activities with writing numbers. Math journals are also an excellent way to incorporate more number writing. Most of you should have or be receiving your new science kits. I would love to come and do some lessons in your room...just shoot me an email! Here are just a few things I would like to feature:















This is from Mrs. Harrison's room at Hamilton. What a great job of doing data her own way! You can check out other neat things she is doing by looking at her blog. It can be linked from my page. It is called" Mrs. H's Kinders". If you have a blog...please let me know about it!




These are the math vocabulary cards
posted under the math section.









I just love these!!! Ten frames with pumpkins! I am adding them under the "All About Numbers"
tab.










What a cute graph! Remember that Today's Question can be done in any form!















I saw this on a blog called "First Grade Brain". I am following it now and you can see her stuff. This is so fitting for the unit we have coming up.

















If you haven't taken your fall tree picture, this is the time! I love the way these are displayed in the hallway for all to see!








***Please send me pictures from your room of any activities from book 3. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10